From Maxim Potekhin <potek...@bnl.gov>
Subject Re: Building a brand new cluster and readying it for production -- advice needed
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:37:41 GMT
Thank you Edward.

As can be expected, my data volume is a multiple of whatever RAM I can
realistically buy, and in fact much bigger. In my very limited experience,
the money might be well spent on multicore CPUs because it makes routine
operations like compact/repair (which always include writes) so much
faster, hence reducing
the periods of high occupancy. I'm trying to scope out how much SSD I
will need because
it appears to be an economical solution to problems I had previously had.

Regards,
Maxim