From David Koblas <da...@koblas.com>
Subject Re: Adding a second datacenter
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:34:40 GMT
Jeremiah,

Thanks!

I'm running 1.0.8, two interesting things to note:

- I don't have sufficient disk space to handle the straight bump to a
replication factor of 4, so I think I'm going to have to do it one by
one (1,2,3 and 4) with a bunch of cleanups in between.

- Also, using a LOCAL_QUORUM doesn't work since my application has a
hard response time limit then my read speed ends up being the speed of
the slowest node.  What I want is LOCAL_ONE which doesn't exist in the
API (unless I missed something).

Yes, CASSANDRA-3483 is really what I'm looking for.

--david