From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding secondary indices
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:30:30 GMT
> This way one can take adv of the speedup that you get from reading accross multiple drives.
> Or alternatively is it possible to run multiple instances of sstableloader on the same
machine concurrently?
Without checking the code, i would assume you can run multiple instances.

Alternatively place all the files on a raid-0 volume for improved io throughput.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/03/2012, at 2:44 PM, Sanjeev Kulkarni wrote:

> Thanks Aaron for the response. I see those logs.
> I had one more question. Looks like sstableloader takes only one directory at a time.
Is it possible to load multiple directories in one call.
> Something like sstableloader /drive1/keyspace1 /drive2/keyspace1...
> This way one can take adv of the speedup that you get from reading accross multiple drives.
> Or alternatively is it possible to run multiple instances of sstableloader on the same
machine concurrently?
> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> You should see a log line with "Index build of {} complete".
>
> You can also see which indexes are built using the describe command in cassandra-cli.

> -----------------
> Aaron Morton[default@XX] describe;
> Keyspace: XX:
>   Column Families:
>     ColumnFamily: XXX
>       Built indexes: []
>
> Cheers
>
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 16/03/2012, at 10:04 AM, Sanjeev Kulkarni wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm using a 4 node cassandra cluster running 0.8.10 with rf=3. Its a brand new setup.
>> I have a single col family which contains about 10 columns. I have enabled secondary
indices on 3 of them. I used sstableloader to bulk load some data into this cluster.