From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Adding Long type rows to a CF containing Integer(32) type row keys, without overlapping ?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:21:57 GMT
> without them overlapping/disturbing each other (assuming that keys lie in above domains)
?
Not sure what you mean by overlapping.

42 as a int and 42 as a long are the same key.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/03/2012, at 9:47 PM, Ertio Lew wrote:

> I have been writing rows to a CF all with integer(4 byte) keys. So my CF contains rows
with keys in the entire range from Integer.MIN_VALUE to Integer.MAX_VALUE.

> Now I want to store Long type keys as well in this CF **without disturbing the integer
keys. The range of Long type keys would be excluding the integers's range ie  (-2^63  to -2^31)
and (2^31 to 2^63).