I'm new to administering Cassandra so please be kind!

I've been tasked with upgrading a .6 cluster to 1.0.7.  In doing this I need a rollback plan in case things go sideways since my window for the upgrade is fairly small.  So we've decided to stand up a brand new cluster running 1.0.7 and then stop the old cluster, snapshot the data, and then move it over to the new cluster.

So I need to know, can I use sstableloader to take the snapshot data from my .6 cluster and stream it into my new 1.0.7 cluster?  I should also note that the new cluster MAY NOT have the same number of nodes either.

Josh