On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
All nodes in the cluster need two way communication. Nodes need to talk to Gossip to each other so they know they are alive.

If you need to dump a lot of data consider the Hadoop integration. http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport It can run a bit faster than going through the thrift api.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.

Copying sstables may be another option depending on the data size.

The problem with this is that the SSTable, from what I understand, is per CF, Since I will want to do a semi real time replication of just the latest data added this won't work because I will be copying over all the data in the CF.

Cheers,

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer