From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: about the compaction and read performance
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:36:16 GMT
If you run a manual compaction with nodetool each CF will  be compacted to a single SSTable.

Not that this is not normally recommended as it means that automatic compaction will take
a long time to get to the file.

Take a look at nodetool cfhistograms to get an idea of how spread out your data is.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/02/2012, at 8:14 PM, zhangcheng wrote:

> Cassandra has no way of knowing that all the data is in the most recent sstable, and
will have to check the others too, and this bring a lot of difficulty to data compaction.

> I have a question that if  I want a high performance data compaction, how can I implement
that all the columns are all in the most recent sstable, by this, I think the read and write
performace will be better.