From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Replication factor per column family
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:33:33 GMT
yes.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/02/2012, at 10:15 PM, R. Verlangen wrote:

> Hmm ok. This means if I want to have a CF with RF = 3 and another CF with RF = 1 (e.g.
some debug logging) I will have to create 2 keyspaces?

> 2012/2/16 aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
> Multiple CF mutations for a row are treated atomically in the commit log, and they are
sent together to the replicas. Replication occurs at the row level, not the row+cf level.

> If each CF had it's own RF, odd things may happen. Like sending a batch mutation for
one row and two CF's that fails because there is not enough nodes for one of the CF's.

> Would be other reasons as well. In short it's baked in.
>
> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 16/02/2012, at 9:54 PM, R. Verlangen wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> As the subject states: "Is it possible to set a replication factor per column family?"
>>
>> Could not find anything of recent releases. I'm running Cassandra 1.0.7 and I think
it should be possible on a per CF basis instead of the whole keyspace.