From Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agra...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Doubt regarding CQL
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:00:05 GMT
Thanks for the reply
I installed 0.8.0 drift package. But still problem persists.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mateusz Korniak [mailto:mateusz-lists@ant.gliwice.pl]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:47 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Doubt regarding CQL

On Wednesday 22 of February 2012, Rishabh Agrawal wrote:
> I have installed CQL drivers for python. When I try execute cqlsh I
> get following error cql-1.0.3$ cqlsh localhost 9160
> (...)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cql/cassandra/ttypes.py",
> line 7, in <module> from thrift.Thrift import *
> ImportError: No module named thrift.Thrift

Seems you do not have installed python thrift module.

In my distro (PLD) it is:
Package:        python-thrift-0.5.0-4.i686
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages:  Thrift-0.1-py2.7.egg-info,
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/thrift:  TSCons.pyc, TSCons.pyo, TSerialization.pyc, TSerialization.pyo,
Thrift.pyc, Thrift.pyo, __init__.pyc, __init__.pyo,
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/thrift/protocol:  TBinaryProtocol.pyc, TBinaryProtocol.pyo,
TCompactProtocol.pyc, TCompactProtocol.pyo, TProtocol.pyc, TProtocol.pyo, __init__.pyc, __init__.pyo,
fastbinary.so
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/thrift/server:  THttpServer.pyc, THttpServer.pyo, TNonblockingServer.pyc,
TNonblockingServer.pyo, TServer.pyc, TServer.pyo, __init__.pyc, __init__.pyo
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/thrift/transport:  THttpClient.pyc, THttpClient.pyo, TSocket.pyc,
TSocket.pyo, TTransport.pyc, TTransport.pyo, TTwisted.pyc, TTwisted.pyo, __init__.pyc, __init__.pyo

Regards,

--
Mateusz Korniak

Impetus’ Head of Innovation labs, Vineet Tyagi will be presenting on ‘Big Data Big Costs?’
at the Strata Conference, CA (Feb 28 - Mar 1) http://bit.ly/bSMWd7.

Listen to our webcast ‘Hybrid Approach to Extend Web Apps to Tablets & Smartphones’
available at http://bit.ly/yQC1oD.

or interference.