From Todd Burruss <bburr...@expedia.com>
Subject Re: timed-out retrieving a giant row.
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 23:06:04 GMT
lookup ColumnSliceIterator in hector.  this does what you want a lot easier than managing the
"paging"

From: Yuhan Zhang <yzhang@onescreen.com<mailto:yzhang@onescreen.com>>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:46:08 -0800
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: timed-out retrieving a giant row.

Thanks Robin! :)

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM, R. Verlangen <robin@us2.nl<mailto:robin@us2.nl>>
wrote:
Of course you should set your limit to 100 or something like that, not  Integer.MAX_VALUE
;-)

2012/2/14 R. Verlangen <robin@us2.nl<mailto:robin@us2.nl>>

I'm familiar to this in PHPCassa, but with Hector it would be something like this:

Query you CF with a range.setStart(lastColName) and range.setFinish(StringUtils.byte("") where
the " lastColName " is the name of the column from the previous read.

You can continue this until you run out of results.