From Todd Burruss <>
Subject Re: timed-out retrieving a giant row.
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 23:06:04 GMT
lookup ColumnSliceIterator in hector.  this does what you want a lot easier than managing the

From: Yuhan Zhang <<>>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:46:08 -0800
To: "<>" <<>>
Subject: Re: timed-out retrieving a giant row.

Thanks Robin! :)

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM, R. Verlangen <<>>
Of course you should set your limit to 100 or something like that, not  Integer.MAX_VALUE

2012/2/14 R. Verlangen <<>>

I'm familiar to this in PHPCassa, but with Hector it would be something like this:

Query you CF with a range.setStart(lastColName) and range.setFinish(StringUtils.byte("") where
the " lastColName " is the name of the column from the previous read.

You can continue this until you run out of results.