From Todd Burruss <bburr...@expedia.com>
Subject Re: deleting rows and tombstones
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:29:42 GMT
do you find that repair is still as necessary now since hinted handoffs are stored anytime
a node does not ACK successfully?

From: Dominic Williams <dwilliams@fightmymonster.com<mailto:dwilliams@fightmymonster.com>>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:31:45 -0800
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: deleting rows and tombstones

Hi Todd,

Our systems do a lot of deletions and it does cause problems.

Your best bet is to bring GCSeconds low and run repair religiously. The issue you can run
into though is repair overloading your servers when your data load gets high, repair falling
over and related problems.

IMHO the need to run repair really needs to be addressed urgently.

I proposed an alternative approach here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3620
so vote it up if you share problems!

Dominic

On 14 February 2012 19:54, Todd Burruss <bburruss@expedia.com<mailto:bburruss@expedia.com>>