From Martin Arrowsmith <arrowsmith.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Querying all keys in a column family
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:00:36 GMT
Hi Experts,

My program is such that it queries all keys on Cassandra. I want to do this
as quick as possible, in order to get as close to real-time as possible.

One solution I heard was to use the sstables2json tool, and read the data
in as JSON. I understand that reading from each line in Cassandra might
take longer.

Are there any other ideas for doing this ? Or can you confirm that
sstables2json is the way to go.

Querying 100 rows in Cassandra the normal way is fast enough. I'd like to
query a million rows, do some calculations on them, and spit out the result
like it's real time.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Martin