From Tharindu Mathew <mcclou...@gmail.com>
Subject Schema change causes exception when adding data
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:26:31 GMT
Hi,

I have a 3 node cluster and I'm dynamically updating a keyspace with a new
column family. Then, when I try to write records to it I get the following
exception shown at [1].

How do I avoid this. I'm using Hector and the default consistency level of
QUORUM is used. Cassandra version 0.7.8. Replication Factor is 1.

How can I solve my problem?

[1] -
me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException:
InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured columnfamily proxySummary)
 at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.translate(ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.java:42)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$10.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:397)
 at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$10.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:383)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.Operation.executeAndSetResult(Operation.java:101)
 at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:156)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:129)
 at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.multigetSlice(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:401)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftMultigetSliceQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftMultigetSliceQuery.java:67)
 at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftMultigetSliceQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftMultigetSliceQuery.java:59)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
 at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:72)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftMultigetSliceQuery.execute(ThriftMultigetSliceQuery.java:58)

--
Regards,

Tharindu

blog: http://mackiemathew.com/