From Rob Coli <>
Subject Re: Please advise -- 750MB object possible?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:08:02 GMT
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Maxim Potekhin <> wrote:

>  The idea was to provide redundancy, resilience, automatic load balancing
> and automatic repairs. Going the way of the file system does not achieve
> any of that.

(Apologies for continuing slightly OT thread, but if people google and find
this thread, I'd like to to contain the below relevant suggestion.. :D)

With the caveat that you would have to ensure that your client code streams
instead of buffering the entire object, you probably want something like
MogileFS :

I have operated a sizable MogileFS cluster for Digg, and it was one of the
simplest, most comprehensible and least error prone parts of our
infrastructure. A++ would run again.

=Robert Coli

View raw message