From Franc Carter <franc.car...@sirca.org.au>
Subject Re: keycache persisted to disk ?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:01:10 GMT
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com
> wrote:

> For one thing, what does ReadStage's pending look like if you
> repeatedly run "nodetool tpstats" on these nodes? If you're simply
> bottlenecking on I/O on reads, that is the most easy and direct way to
> observe this empirically. If you're saturated, you'll see active close
> to maximum at all times, and pending racking up consistently. If
> you're just close, you'll likely see spikes sometimes.

Yep, the readstage is backlogging consistently - but the thing I am trying
to explain s why it is good sometimes in an environment that is pretty well
controlled - other than being on ec2

--

*Franc Carter* | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
 <marc.zianideferranti@sirca.org.au>

franc.carter@sirca.org.au | www.sirca.org.au

Tel: +61 2 9236 9118

Level 9, 80 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215