From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume and Cassandra
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:27:50 GMT
Hi,

1 - I would like to generate some statistics and store some raw events from
log files tailed with flume. I saw some plugins giving Cassandra sinks but
I would like to store data in a custom way, storing raw data but also
incrementing counters to get near real-time statistcis. How to do it ? Do I
need to build a custom plugin/sink or can I configure an existing sink to
write data in a custom way ?

2 - My business process also use my Cassandra DB (without flume, directly
via thrift), how to ensure that log writing won't overload my database and
introduce latency in my business process ? I mean, is there a way to to
manage the throughput sent by the flume's tails and slow them when my
Cassandra cluster is overloaded ? I would like to avoid building
2 separated clusters.

Thank you,

Alain