From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Hector and batch mutation
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:35:06 GMT
> Is the execution of the batch sequential? (in the order data is added).
No, parallel see concurrent_writes in cassandra.yaml

> Also say there are 10 operations in a batch and 3rd fails will it try the remaining 7?

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#batch_mutate_atomic

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/02/2012, at 3:50 AM, Tiwari, Dushyant wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> A very trivial question on batch mutation provided by Hector. Is the execution of the
batch sequential? (in the order data is added).
> Also say there are 10 operations in a batch and 3rd fails will it try the remaining 7?
> Is execution of batch mutator multi threaded ?
>

> Regards,
> Dushyant
> NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views
contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning
of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have
received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify
the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.