From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Future dated column
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 00:33:43 GMT
Send a delete with a higher time stamp, reduce the gc_grace_seconds on the CF, get the CF to
compact (manually or automatically) and then return the gc_grace_seconds.

See the steps I took here to resolve a similar problem http://thelastpickle.com/2011/12/15/Anatomy-of-a-Cassandra-Partition/

Hope that helps.
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/02/2012, at 12:07 PM, Hiren Shah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was mystified when I was not able to update a column ccc for a few keys in my test_cf,
but was able to update that for all other keys. Then, I noticed that the column for that key
is set to be deleted in future (year 6172 !) –

0 of 1000000: ccc:true:4@1326231110794000

> The timestamp must be from buggy code putting extra zeros, or from some issue in upgrade
from 0.8.7 to 1.0.6 to 1.0.7. It almost seems like Cassandra ‘sees’ a few extra zeroes
appended to the timestamp. The value without the three zeroes falls at the right time for
the row inserted above and the time of delete below.

0 of 100: ccc:false:303@1328024823949!31536000

0 of 100: ccc:false:1@1328043222690000

> But the timestamp still keeps the extra zeroes. I cannot set it programmatically because
my code uses current timestamp.

> I tried to delete the whole record from CLI. The record cannot be queried anymore, but
I still see the column (and others for the record) in the log. I did repair, cleanup and compact,
but still no luck.