From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Internal error processing batch_mutate java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:03:04 GMT
That looks like a bug. Were you writing counters ?

Can you please add it here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA , include some
information on the request that caused it and email the bug report back to the list.

(note to self) I *think* the problem is the counter WritePerformer implementations are put
into the REPLICATE_ON_WRITE TP and then update the hints on the AbstractWriteResponeHandler
asynchronously. This could happen after the write thread has move on to wait on the handlers
which involves waiting on the hints futures.

thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 4/02/2012, at 4:49 AM, Viktor Jevdokimov wrote:

> What may be cause of the following exception in 1.0.7 Cassandra:
>
> ERROR [Thrift:134] 2012-02-03 15:51:02,800 Cassandra.java (line 3462) Internal error
processing batch_mutate
>         at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:372)
>         at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:343)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.utils.FBUtilities.waitOnFutures(FBUtilities.java:532)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractWriteResponseHandler.waitForHints(AbstractWriteResponseHandler.java:89)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractWriteResponseHandler.get(AbstractWriteResponseHandler.java:58)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.mutate(StorageProxy.java:201)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.doInsert(CassandraServer.java:639)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.internal_batch_mutate(CassandraServer.java:590)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.batch_mutate(CassandraServer.java:598)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor$batch_mutate.process(Cassandra.java:3454)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:2889)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:187)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>

> Best regards/ Pagarbiai
>
> Viktor Jevdokimov
> Senior Developer
>
> Email:  Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
> Phone: +370 5 212 3063. Fax: +370 5 261 0453
> J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
>

> <signature-logo4913.png>
>
> <dm-exco199c.png>
> Follow:
>
> <tweet3130.png>
> Visit our blog
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.