From Sanjay Sharma <sanjay.sha...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Combining Cassandra with some SQL language
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 06:57:51 GMT
Kundera (https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera)- an open source APL Java ORM allows
polyglot persistence between  RDBMS and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase
etc. transparently to the business logic developer.

A note of caution- this does not mean that Cassandra data modeling can be bypassed- NoSQL
entities still need to be modeled in such a way so as to best use Cassandra capabilities.
Kundera can also take care of relationship between the entities in RDBMS.  Transactions management
is still pending however.

Regards,
Sanjay
From: Adam Haney [mailto:adam.haney@retickr.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:51 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Combining Cassandra with some SQL language

I've been using a combination of MySQL and Cassandra for about a year now on a project that
now serves about 20k users. We use Cassandra for storing large entities and MySQL to store
meta data that allows us to do better ad hoc querying. It's worked quite well for us. During
this time we have also been able to migrate some of our tables in MySQL to Cassandra if MySQL
performance / capacity became a problem. This may seem obvious but if you're planning on creating
a data model that spans multiple databases make sure you encapsulate the logic to read/write/delete
information in a good data model library and only use that library to access your data. This
is good practice anyway but when you add the extra complication of multiple databases that
may reference one another it's an absolute must.
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM, R. Verlangen <robin@us2.nl<mailto:robin@us2.nl>>