From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Querying all keys in a column family
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:00:07 GMT
If you want to process 1 million rows use Hadoop with Hive or Pig. If you use Hadoop you are
not doing things in real time.

You may need to rephrase the problem.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/02/2012, at 11:00 AM, Martin Arrowsmith wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> My program is such that it queries all keys on Cassandra. I want to do this as quick
as possible, in order to get as close to real-time as possible.

> One solution I heard was to use the sstables2json tool, and read the data in as JSON.
I understand that reading from each line in Cassandra might take longer.

> Are there any other ideas for doing this ? Or can you confirm that sstables2json is the
way to go.

> Querying 100 rows in Cassandra the normal way is fast enough. I'd like to query a million
rows, do some calculations on them, and spit out the result like it's real time.