From Stefan Reek <ste...@unitedgames.com>
Subject Impact of old data on performance
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:50:23 GMT
Hi All,

We are running a 3-node cluster with Cassandra 0.6.13.
We are in the process of upgrading to 1.x, but can't do so for a while
because we can't take the cluster offline.
Until now 0.6.13 has run without problems, but lately we are getting
some performance issues.
We are getting timeouts on both reads and writes.
The cluster contains a lot of "old" data which is only read very
occasionally and not written to at all.
Is it possible for this data to negatively impact the performance of the
cluster?
If so, would it help to move this data to another columnfamily/keyspace?

Cheers,

Stefan