From Rustam Aliyev <rus...@code.az>
Subject Re: Please advise -- 750MB object possible?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:51:12 GMT
Hi Maxim,

If you need to store Blobs, then BlobStores such as OpenStack Object
Store (aka Swift) should be better choise.

As far as I know, MogileFS (which is also a sort of BlobStore) has
scalability bottleneck - MySQL.

There are few reasons why BlobStores are better choise. In the
following presentation, I summarised why we chose to store blobs for
ElasticInbox on BlobStores, not Cassandra:
http://www.elasticinbox.com/blog/slides-and-video-from-london-meetup/

Main downside of BlobStores in comparison to Cassandra is write speed.
Cassandra writes to memtabes, BlobStores to disk.

-
Rustam.