From Erik Forsberg <forsb...@opera.com>
Subject Streaming sessions from BulkOutputFormat job being listed long after they were killed
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:18:41 GMT
Hi!

If I run a hadoop job that uses BulkOutputFormat to write data to
Cassandra, and that hadoop job is aborted, i.e. streaming sessions are
not completed, it seems like the streaming sessions hang around for a
very long time, I've observed at least 12-15h, in output from 'nodetool
netstats'.

To me it seems like they go away only after a restart of Cassandra.

Is this a known behaviour? Does it cause any problems, f. ex. consuming
memory, or should I just ignore it?

Regards,
\EF