From Todd Fast <t...@conga.com>
Subject Re: Delete doesn't remove row key?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 01:32:45 GMT
First, thanks! I'd read that before, but didn't associate doing a range
scan with using the CLI, much less doing "select count(*)" in CQL. Now I
know what to call the phenomenon.

Second, a followup question: So the row keys will be deleted after 1)
the GC grace period expires, and 2) I do a compaction?

Third: Assuming the answer is yes, is there any way to manually force GC
of the deleted keys without doing the full "GC shuffle" (setting the GC
grace period artificially low, restarting, compacting, setting grace
period back to normal, restarting)?

Todd