From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.2 - nodetool ring and info reports wrong load after compact
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:05:16 GMT
Are you using compression ?

I remember some issues with compression and reported load, cannot remember the details.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/02/2012, at 3:27 AM, Bill Au wrote:

> I am running 1.0.2 with the default tiered compaction.  After running a "nodetool compact",
I noticed that on about half of the machines in my cluster, both "nodetool ring" and "nodetool
info" report that the load is actually higher than before when I expect it to be lower.  It
is almost twice as much as before.  I did a du command on the data directory and found the
the actual disk usage is only about half of what's being reported by nodetool.  Since I am
running 1.0.2, there are no compacted sstables waiting to be removed.  I manually trigger
a full GC in the JVM but that made no difference.  When I restarted Cassandra, nodetool once
again report the correct load.