From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Issue regarding 'describe' keyword in 1.0.7 version.
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:57:59 GMT
Rishabh could you give an example ? Was this using the CLI ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 22/02/2012, at 2:55 AM, Dave Brosius wrote:

> What it's saying is if you define a KeySpace Foo and under it a ColumnFamily called Foo,
you won't be able to use describe to describe the ColumnFamily named Foo.

> On 02/21/2012 07:26 AM, Rishabh Agrawal wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am newbie to Cassandra. Please bear with my lame doubts.
>> I running Cassandra version on 1.0.7 on Ubuntu. I found following case with describe:
>>
>> If there is Keyspace with name ‘x’ then describe x command will give desired
results. But if there is also a Column Family named ‘x’ then describe will not be able
to catch it. But if there is only column family ‘x’ and no keyspace with the same name
then describe x command will give desired results i.e. it will be able to capture and display
info regarding ‘x’ column family.

Big Costs?’ at the Strata Conference, CA (Feb 28 - Mar 1) http://bit.ly/bSMWd7.

available at http://bit.ly/yQC1oD.

>> NOTE: This message may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged
interception or interference.