From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Replication factor per column family
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:12:31 GMT
Multiple CF mutations for a row are treated atomically in the commit log, and they are sent
together to the replicas. Replication occurs at the row level, not the row+cf level.

If each CF had it's own RF, odd things may happen. Like sending a batch mutation for one row
and two CF's that fails because there is not enough nodes for one of the CF's.

Would be other reasons as well. In short it's baked in.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/02/2012, at 9:54 PM, R. Verlangen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> As the subject states: "Is it possible to set a replication factor per column family?"
>
> Could not find anything of recent releases. I'm running Cassandra 1.0.7 and I think it
should be possible on a per CF basis instead of the whole keyspace.