From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: WARN [Memtable] live ratio
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 00:29:24 GMT
The ratio is the ratio of serialised bytes for a memtable to actual JVM allocated memory. Using
a ratio below 1 would imply the JVM is using less bytes to store the memtable in memory than
it takes to store it on disk (without compression).

The ceiling for the ratio is 64.

The ratio is calculated periodically so if the workload changes, such as system start up,
the number will lag behind. I would guess numbers less than 1 mean the memtable does not have
any data.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer