Hi Tim,
†There is actully...the old HW will be decommissioned before the one arrives. In the meantime I need to store my data in another place :) I've got your suggestion of how I would've done it if I didn't have this problem.

Cheers,
Alex

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Tim Smith <Tim.Smith@webtrends.com> wrote:

Alex,

Is there a reason you donít just join new hardware to the cluster and then remove the old hardware from the cluster?† That would seem like the easiest way to accomplish a hardware upgrade.

Tim Smith†| noc administrator

O: +1 503.553.2554 † M: 707.738.8132 † TW:@tas50

webtrends†|†851 SW 6th Ave, Suite 1600, Portland, OR 97204

The Global Leader in Mobile and†SocialAnalytics

From: Alexandru Dan Sicoe [mailto:sicoe.alexandru@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:18 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: exporting data from Cassandra cluster

Hello everyone.
†3 node Cassandra 0.8.5 cluster. I've left the system running in production environment for long term testing. I've accumulated about 350GB of data with RF=2. The machines I used for the tests are older and need to be replaced. Because of this I need to export the data to a permanent location. How should I export the data? In order to reduce the storage spac I want to export only the non-replicated data? I mean, just one copy of the data (without the replicas). Is this possible? How?

Cheers,
Alexandru

--
Alexandru Dan Sicoe