Hi Jeremiah,
 The thing is I will send the data to a massive storage facility (I don't know what's behind the scenes) so I won't be backing up on one machine where I can install Cassandra. Does the sstable loader work just for copying data from a Cassandra cluster to somewhere on a disk where there is no Cassandra instance? If not what is the best way/tool to achieve that?

Cheers,
Alexandru