From Vlad Paiu <>
Subject Re: Cassandra C client implementation
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 21:18:36 GMT

Just tried libcassie and seems it's not compatible with latest cassandra, as even simple inserts
and fetches fail with InvalidRequestException...

So can anybody please provide a very simple example in C for connecting & fetching columns
with thrift ?

Vlad Paiu <> wrote:

>Thanks very much for your suggestions.
>Libcassie seems nice but doesn't seem like it's actively maintained and i'm not sure if
it's compatible with latest Cassandra versions. Will give it a try though.
>I was looking through the generated thrift .c files and I can't seem to find what function
to call to init a connection to a Cassandra instance. Any ideas ?
>Thanks and Regards,
>Jeremiah Jordan <> wrote:
>>If you are OK linking to a C++ based library you can look at:
>>It is wrapper code around libcassandra which exports a C++ interface.
>>If you look at the function names etc in the other languages, just use
>>the similar functions from the c_glib thrift...
>>If you are going to mess with using the c_glib thrift, make sure to
>>check out the JIRA for it, it is new and has some issues...
>>On 12/14/2011 09:11 AM, Vlad Paiu wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I am trying to integrate some Cassandra related ops ( insert, get, etc ) into
an application written entirelly in C, so C++ is not an option.
>>> Is there any C client library for cassandra ?
>>>   I have also tried to generate thrift glibc code for Cassandra, but on
I cannot find an example for C.
>>> Can anybody suggest a C client library for Cassandra or provide some working
examples for Thrift in C ?
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Vlad
View raw message