From Jehan Bing <je...@orb.com>
Subject Upgrade from 0.6 to 1.0
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:12:35 GMT
Hi,

I've seen recent posts saying it was possible to upgrade directly from
0.6 to 1.0. But how?

I ran "nodetool drain" on all my nodes and shut them down.

However, there is not config-convert tool anymore. Since I basically
using the default config, is it important? Or is it OK to just use the
default one and change the few settings I need?

Also, there is no schematool anymore either. So how do I load the
schema? Can I just create one using cassandra-cli? Will cassandra then
load the existing data?

Last, I tried to start cassandra 1.0.5, I get the following error in
cassandra.log:

     ERROR 11:41:19,399 Exception encountered during startup
     java.lang.AssertionError
             at
org.apache.cassandra.db.SystemTable.checkHealth(SystemTable.java:295)
             at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:150)
             at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:337)
             at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:107)
     java.lang.AssertionError
             at
org.apache.cassandra.db.SystemTable.checkHealth(SystemTable.java:295)
             at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:150)
             at
org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:337)
             at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:107)
     Exception encountered during startup: null

Then cassandra exits so I can't run nodetool repair (or create the
schema if that's the problem).

So how should I proceed?
Or maybe I misread the previous post and I should actually do 0.6->0.7->1.0?

Thanks,
     Jehan