From Praveen Sadhu <psa...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: cassandra data to hadoop.
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:33:47 GMT
Have you tried Brisk?

On Dec 23, 2011, at 9:30 AM, "Jeremy Hanna" <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> We do this all the time.  Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport
for some details - you can use mapreduce or pig to get data out of cassandra.  If it's going
to a separate hadoop cluster, I don't think you'd need to co-locate task trackers or data
nodes on your cassandra nodes - it would just need to copy over the network though.  We also
use oozie for job scheduling, fwiw.

> On Dec 23, 2011, at 9:12 AM, ravikumar visweswara wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have a situation to dump cassandra data to hadoop cluster for further analytics.
Lot of other relevant data which is not present in cassandra is already available in hdfs
for analysis. Both are independent clusters right now.
>> Is there a suggested way to get the data periodically or continuously to HDFS from
cassandra? Any ideas or references will be very helpful for me.