From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Doubts related to composite type column names/values
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:44:05 GMT
Component values are compared in a type aware fashion, an Integer is an Integer. Not a 10 character
zero padded string.

You can also slice on the components. Just like with string concat, but nicer.  . e.g. If
you app is storing comments for a thing, and the column names have the form <comment_id,
field> or  <Integer, String> you can slice for all properties of a comment or all
properties for comments between two comment_id's

Finally, the client library knows what's going on.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton