From Blake Starkenburg <bstarkenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Routine nodetool repair
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 01:44:43 GMT
I have been playing around with Cassandra for a few months now. Starting to
explore more of the routine maintenance and backup strategies and I have a
general question about nodetool repair. After reading the following page:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/operations/cluster_management it has
occurred to me that for these past few months I have NOT DONE any cleanup
or repair commands on a test 2-node cluster (and their has been quite a few
deletes, writes, etc.).

For some reason I was under the assumption that Cassandra handled the
tombstone records from deletes automatically? Should I still run nodetool
repair and if so, what about old deletes which occurred months ago?

Thank You!