From Waqar Azeem <waqar.az...@itcompletes.com>
Subject Re: Forum and it threads
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 04:54:52 GMT
Hi,

'threads' are nested in a 'forum', therefore, I decided to create a
column-family 'thread' with a column named 'parent'.

Is this idea matched with Cassandra philosophy? Because I feel that
extracting the data recursively is computational hungry for a site like
reddit.com.

Therefore one idea is to put the complete data in a JSON and store it in a
single column. I hope the retrieval would be fast but the only glitch is;
writing/inserting the data back to the Cassandra. Would it be time
consuming?

--
Thanks & Best Regards,
Waqar Azeem

P.S. My email to dev@cass is bounce back with a message 'This email inbox
is not ...'. Please ignore if i have made any mistake.