From Eric Evans <eev...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: count columns via CQL
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:18:47 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Varnit Khanna <varnitk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does CQL support returning count of columns for a given key? I
> couldn't find anything in the documentation.

No, it doesn't.  That's due mostly to the fact that SQL doesn't
provide anything for this; It could be implemented, but would require
contriving the language for it (like we did for slices)

It's worth noting though, there is nothing inherently efficient about
our server-side count operation.  We query the columns, count them,
and return the value.  Any savings come from avoiding the transfer of
columns to the client.

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu