From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve all composite columns from a row, whose composite name's first component matches from a list of Integers
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:37:14 GMT
You need to execute one get slice operation for each item id or if the row
is not large , you can try one large get slice on the entire row and deal
with the results client side.

If you try method 1 When doing slices on composites you can set the start
inclusive or exclusive values to get only the column you want and not some
extra columns up to slice range size.

On Tuesday, December 27, 2011, Aditya <adynnn@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to store data of all activities by user's followies in single row.
I am trying to do that making use of composite column names in a single
user specific row named 'rowX'.
> On any activity by a user's followie on an item, a column is stored in
'rowX'. The column has a composite type column name made up of
itemId+userId (which makes it unique col. name) in rowX. (& column value
contains the activity data related to that item by that followie)

> Now I want to retrieve activity by all users on a list of items. So I
need to retrieve all composite columns with composite's first component
matching the itemId. Is it possible to do such a query to Cassandra ? I am
using Hector.