From Mayank Mishra <mayank...@gmail.com>
Subject Async Thift batch mutate operation
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:45:46 GMT
Hi,

I am working on Cassandra 1.0.2 and thrift 0.6.1. I was trying to use Async
thrift libary to perform batch mutate operation on Cassandra. I tried
Cassandra server with both Sync and Async RPC server mode.

While the insert operation works like charm, batch mutate fails to write
even a single row on Cassandra. I do get a call back for operation
completion too but nothing comes up in Cassandra SStables, commit logs.

The only promising I can see is the increase in the memory heap usage of
Cassandra.
I didn't found anything helpful on StorageService jmx options, manual
flushing the node, commit logs, tried changing memtablethreadhold too, but
not help.

Am I missing something? I am quite sure people must be using it.

With regards,
Mayank