From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Routine nodetool repair
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:18:17 GMT
Post the output from nodetool ring and take a look at

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 22/12/2011, at 5:21 AM, Blake Starkenburg wrote:

> Thank You!
> Could the lack of routine repair be why nodetool ring reports: node(1) Load -> 78.24
MB and node(2) Load -> 67.21 MB? The load span between the two nodes has been increasing
ever so slowly...
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:00 AM, aaron morton <> wrote:
> Here you go
> Cheers
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> On 21/12/2011, at 2:44 PM, Blake Starkenburg wrote:
>> I have been playing around with Cassandra for a few months now. Starting to explore
more of the routine maintenance and backup strategies and I have a general question about
nodetool repair. After reading the following page:
it has occurred to me that for these past few months I have NOT DONE any cleanup or repair
commands on a test 2-node cluster (and their has been quite a few deletes, writes, etc.).
>> For some reason I was under the assumption that Cassandra handled the tombstone records
from deletes automatically? Should I still run nodetool repair and if so, what about old deletes
which occurred months ago?
>> Thank You!

View raw message