From Jeremiah Jordan <jeremiah.jor...@morningstar.com>
Subject Re: memory estimate for each key in the key cache
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:15:35 GMT
It is not telling you to multiply your key size by 10-12, it is telling you to multiply the
output of the nodetool cfstats reported "key cache size" by 10-12.

-Jeremiah

On Dec 18, 2011, at 6:37 PM, Guy Incognito wrote:

> to be blunt, this doesn't sound right to me, unless it's doing something rather more
clever to manage the memory.

> i mocked up a simple class containing a byte[], ByteBuffer and long, and the shallow
size alone is 32 bytes.  deep size with a byte[16], 1-byte bytebuffer and long is 132.  this
is a on a 64-bit jvm on win x64, but is consistent(ish) with what i've seen in the past on
linux jvms.  the actual code has rather more objects than this (it's a map, it has a pair,
decoratedKey) so would be quite a bit bigger per key.