From Tim Smith <>
Subject RE: exporting data from Cassandra cluster
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 16:47:32 GMT

Is there a reason you don't just join new hardware to the cluster and then remove the old
hardware from the cluster?  That would seem like the easiest way to accomplish a hardware

Tim Smith | noc administrator
O: +1 503.553.2554   M: 707.738.8132   TW: @tas50
webtrends<> |  851 SW 6th Ave, Suite 1600, Portland, OR 97204
The Global Leader in Mobile and Social Analytics

From: Alexandru Dan Sicoe []
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:18 AM
Subject: exporting data from Cassandra cluster

Hello everyone.
 3 node Cassandra 0.8.5 cluster. I've left the system running in production environment for
long term testing. I've accumulated about 350GB of data with RF=2. The machines I used for
the tests are older and need to be replaced. Because of this I need to export the data to
a permanent location. How should I export the data? In order to reduce the storage spac I
want to export only the non-replicated data? I mean, just one copy of the data (without the
replicas). Is this possible? How?

View raw message