From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Routine nodetool repair
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:00:47 GMT
Here you go http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Dealing_with_the_consequences_of_nodetool_repair_not_running_within_GCGraceSeconds

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/12/2011, at 2:44 PM, Blake Starkenburg wrote:

> I have been playing around with Cassandra for a few months now. Starting to explore more
of the routine maintenance and backup strategies and I have a general question about nodetool
repair. After reading the following page: http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/operations/cluster_management
it has occurred to me that for these past few months I have NOT DONE any cleanup or repair
commands on a test 2-node cluster (and their has been quite a few deletes, writes, etc.).

> For some reason I was under the assumption that Cassandra handled the tombstone records
from deletes automatically? Should I still run nodetool repair and if so, what about old deletes
which occurred months ago?