From Harold Nguyen <hngu...@barracuda.com>
Subject RE: Keys for deleted rows visible in CLI
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:12:57 GMT
Hi  Maxim,

The reason for this is because if node 1 goes down while you deleted information on node 2,
 node 1 will know not to repair the data when it comes back again. It will know that an operation
has been performed to delete the data.

Harold

-----Original Message-----
From: Maxim Potekhin [mailto:potekhin@bnl.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:03 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Keys for deleted rows visible in CLI

Hello,

I searched the archives and it appears that this question was once asked but was not answered.
I just deleted a lot of rows, and want to "list" in cli. I still see the keys. This is not
the same as getting slices, is it? Anyhow, what's the reason and rationale? I run 0.8.8.

Thanks

Maxim

'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks
solutions.
Visit http://barracudanetworks.com/facebook