From Stephen Pope <Stephen.P...@quest.com>
Subject Single node
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 19:05:32 GMT
Is there a way to set up a single node cluster without specifying anything about the specific
machine in cassandra.yaml? I've cleared the values from listen_address and rpc_address, but
it complains upon startup that no other nodes can be seen (presumably because the ip in the
seeds doesn't match).

The reason I'm trying to do this is because we deploy cassandra on each developer's machine,
and we'd like to be able to use our client across machines using the hostname. Ideally, none
of the developers would have to change the base config that gets deployed.

The default config file works as a single node cluster, but won't let you talk to it across
machines (we're using windows, in case it's relevant).

Cheers,
Steve