From Vlad Paiu <vladp...@opensips.org>
Subject Re: Cassandra C client implementation
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:29:46 GMT
Hello,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.
Libcassie seems nice but doesn't seem like it's actively maintained and i'm not sure if it's
compatible with latest Cassandra versions. Will give it a try though.

I was looking through the generated thrift .c files and I can't seem to find what function
to call to init a connection to a Cassandra instance. Any ideas ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vlad

Jeremiah Jordan <jeremiah.jordan@morningstar.com> wrote:

>If you are OK linking to a C++ based library you can look at:
>https://github.com/minaguib/libcassandra/tree/kickstart-libcassie-0.7/libcassie
>It is wrapper code around libcassandra which exports a C++ interface.
>If you look at the function names etc in the other languages, just use
>the similar functions from the c_glib thrift...
>If you are going to mess with using the c_glib thrift, make sure to
>check out the JIRA for it, it is new and has some issues...
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT/component/12313854
>

>On 12/14/2011 09:11 AM, Vlad Paiu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to integrate some Cassandra related ops ( insert, get, etc ) into an
application written entirelly in C, so C++ is not an option.

>> Is there any C client library for cassandra ?
>>
>>   I have also tried to generate thrift glibc code for Cassandra, but on wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ThriftExamples
I cannot find an example for C.