From Matthew Stump <mrevilgn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ruby, CQL and client libraries
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:59:20 GMT
Ah yes, I should clarify.  What I should have said was an ORM type library which uses cassandra-cql
as it's base.  What I was looking for was someone that had wrapped cassandra-cql with an active
record or data mapper compatibility layer.

My concern is that it i'm looking for a ruby client that I can base a bunch of code around
for the next couple years.  I didn't want to hop on one bandwagon and then have myself limited
or run into compatibility issues as new releases of C* come out.   As I understand it CQL
was created to provide that stable interface for library developers.  If that is true it would
make sense for me to search out an ORM which uses CQL underneath?

Basically what I'm trying to do is validate these assumptions, and if they are true possibly
finance the work for a CQL based ORM, or if not then write a bunch of code around one of the
other libraries.

Until then I'll search out the resources you mentioned.  Thanks.

On Dec 5, 2011, at 6:17 AM, Robert Jackson wrote:

> There already is a great CQL ruby client[1].  It is hosted in apache-extras on Google
Code [2].  A little while back I did a simple comparison between the cassandra-cql client
and the twitter(formerly fauna) cassandra client[3]. Rick Olson then made another quick comparison
amongst twitter/cassandra, cassandra-cql, and pycassa (Python client)[4].  In both sets of
tests the cassandra-cql client came out doing quite well.