From "Dan Hendry" <dan.hendry.j...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Slow Compactions - CASSANDRA-3592
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:25:17 GMT
I don't think so. We are using size tiered compaction, not levelled
compaction, and there are only 76 SSTables for the entire keyspace (375
files currently in the directory).

Dan

From: Jeremiah Jordan [mailto:jeremiah.jordan@morningstar.com]
Sent: December-13-11 10:09
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Slow Compactions - CASSANDRA-3592

Does your issue look similar this one?
It is also dealing with compactaion taking 10X longer in 1.0.X

On 12/13/2011 09:00 AM, Dan Hendry wrote:

I have been observing that major compaction can be incredibly slow in
Cassandra 1.0 and was curious the extent to which anybody else has noticed
similar behaviour. Essentially I believe the problem involves the
combination of wide rows and expiring columns.

Relevant details included in:

Dan Hendry

(403) 660-2297