From Jonas Borgström <jo...@borgstrom.se>
Subject Re: Previously deleted rows resurrected by repair?
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 12:30:08 GMT
On 2011-12-28 12:52 , Dominic Williams wrote:
> Hmm interesting could be some variation on 3510 (which caught me out).

Actually after making some further reading of the changelog 2786 looks
like a likely culprit.
If I'm reading the jira correctly all versions < 0.8.8 and < 1.0.4 are
at risk of getting deleted rows resurrected.

Hopefully an upgrade to 1.0.6 will stop this problem from increasing but
I still need to manually re-delete a bunch of rows.

> Personally I really don't like having to rely on repair to stop deletes
> being undone. If you agree follow this proposal for an alternative
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3620 which also stops
> tombstone build up.

Thanks, this definitely looks interesting. I'll have a look.

/ Jonas